Friday, March 2, 2012

Who do you know?

The events of this week in Chardon have again forced us to take a long hard look at getting involved. Allegedly the perpetrator of the violence posted to his social media account that indeed he was going to bring a firearm to school. Unfortunately, if true, nobody acted on this information and we lost three young lives with the lives of many others changed forever.

Looking back during my junior and high school years I remember a young man who I thought needed some help. However, this was the late sixties and at that time children did not take weapons to school and shoot their classmates. I wonder what happened to that young man I knew. Considering the events of the last decade, that young man I knew fit the bill to commit violence.

Who do you know? Is there someone you know who needs some help, or worse, needs to be stopped? Well, I know that it's not easy to do this to folks you know but, imagine how you will feel if something happens and you could have done something.

No comments:

Post a Comment