Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jet Pack

I sit here with my new smart phone and marvel at how far we have come in our technology considering at one point some of us marveled at the eight track tape as new fantastic technology. Those of you who were not around in the mid nineteen-seventies, let me explain. Eight tracks, as they were called, consisted of a quarter inch magnetic tape encased in a plastic case about the size of our current disc case and the tape played in a loop. While eight tracks were considered better sounding, the tape was plagued with breaking and being eaten by the machine that played it.

About the same time the technology powers at be said we would be flying around in personal jet packs and I took them at their word. I can control the space shuttle from my cell phone, but I am stuck travelling to and from by car. What is the holdup? I mean we should zooming all over the place. Considering how far we have come, we have fallen short of this worthy goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment